Facebook has long been the place where we post our photos online. It remains a convenient place for everyone we know to see our activities. But what about making sure those photos are safe, should something happen to Facebook or to our own profile?
Of course, the only solution is to save these photos and videos. You can have these original photos on your laptop or your phone (or both) by saving them directly on the storage of these different platforms. However, how to save all the photos of Facebook? It's simple; access your Facebook account by logging in then, go to your profile then in the photo section, appointment to the Album then on Download the album Fortunately, there are tools you can use to do this more easily and we'll tell you about them later in our article.
How do I download and save photos from Facebook?
To perform this process, it is advisable to do it from a computer. Since this way you could download all your photos very quickly. Same thing if you want to download an entire album with one click. Let's explore the steps that will allow you to download and save your Facebook photos with ease.
- The first thing you have to do is to access your Facebook account and log in;
- Once this is done, go directly to your profile. To do so, click on the icon of your profile in the upper right corner;
- Then enter the photo section;
- In this section, you will have to navigate through the nails to choose " Albums " ;
- As soon as you select the album you want to download, click on the gear icon on the top left. Three options will then open. The one we are interested in of these three is the one that says "Download the album" ;
- A pop-up message will appear to warn you that the download may take some time. This will actually depend on the number of photos in the album in question. Rest assured that it usually doesn't take too long;
- Once the download is ready, Facebook will send you a notification to inform you that you can proceed with the actual download.
- Remember that all the photos are downloaded in ZIP format. This is a compression format. You would need WinRAR to unzip the file and have access to all the available photos.
- Once you have installed WinRAR on your computer, simply right-click on the downloaded file and a new menu will open. Select " Extract here " or Extract to (file name) You can also use the "Folder" button to automatically create a folder containing all the photos.
This way you can create a backup of all the photos in case something happens to your Facebook account, although this is very unlikely.
How to save the photos of Facebook on your different mobiles?
Backup photos from Facebook on Android
Here you will know how to backup your Facebook photos using your Android or using your device.
To back up your photos on Android, there are two methods available to you:
First method Make a screenshot of the photo from your phone. How to do this depends on the type and brand of your phone. But, in general, it is a fairly simple task to do. Ask your mobile operator about how this can be done on your phone.
Second method: This is the easiest option to do. It is very convenient, but you would only be able to save your photos one after the other. This could be a tiresome practice if you want to back up a large number of your photos. Also note that you will need the Facebook application on your phone.
Still, here are the steps to get you there:
- Go to the photo you want to save;
- Press the icon in the shape of a... ;
- Now you can simply press "Save Photo".
That's it! You will realize how practical and easy it is to do.
Backup photos from Facebook iPhone
To get your Facebook photos on iPhone, it is almost the same procedure as on an Android device. So, you have two ways to do it:
First method Proceed to the Screenshot of the photo from your mobile device:
On your iPhone phone, take a screenshot. This is done by holding the power button at the top of the phone and the " Home "You can then take screenshots of the photo you want to take. This will allow you to take screenshots of the photo you want to get. Save it afterwards. Of course, this is done automatically without you having to manually save your captured photo again.
Second method: This method consists in simply using the photo backup option accessible on the Facebook application of your iPhone:
- Go to the photo you want to save;
- Now press the middle icon... ;
- Then press " Save the image ".
The procedure is simple, isn't it? Well, it will be difficult for you to save several photos at the same time.
Can we save Facebook photos on cloud systems?
Keep in mind that Facebook does not (yet) offer a specific photo backup service. To remedy this lack, the American social network says it has added online storage services such as Google Photos and Dropbox in their data portability tools.
Backup Facebook photos on Google Photos
It is an effective way to protect your data, to save in a safe place the hundreds of memories that you have published on the social network Facebook, including your photos.
It is crucial to know this. The procedure only concerns files that you have personally uploaded previously. Photos in which you are identified, for example, are not taken into account.
Moreover, the photos transferred from Facebook to Google Photos are of high definition. The definition and the quality clearly surpass that of an image that you save directly from the social network.
To upload your Facebook photos and videos to Google Photos, you can do the following:
- Log in to your Facebook account via your computer's browser;
- Left-click on the triangle in the upper right corner to bring up the drop-down menu;
- Then, left click on " Parameter " ;
- Go to your Facebook information;
- Select the option " See " to the right of " transfer a copy of your photos or videos " ;
- Then enter your Facebook password, and click on " Continue ";
- In the "Choose Destination" dialog box, click on the " Google Photos " ;
- Now click on " Photos (all your photos Facebook) or Videos (all your videos Facebook) " ;
- Now select the option " Next " ;
- You can now approve the transfer by selecting the "Confirm Transfer" option;
Note that this procedure is not instantaneous. It will be necessary to wait a few hours before all the data is transferred.
Back up your photos on Dropbox
As you would have understood, the social network does not offer a real photo backup service for the moment. Just like Google Photos, you also have the possibility to transfer your Facebook photos and save them on Dropbox. Find out how to transfer your Facebook photos to Dropbox.
- Go to the Facebook mobile application and open it;
- Click on the Facebook logo at the bottom of the screen;
- Then select the settings and privacy option;
- Choose the settings option;
- Now click on the option your Facebook information;
- Tap Transfer a copy of your photos or videos ;
- Then enter your Facebook account information;
- Now click on the "Choose Destination" arrow;
- Choose your Dropbox account;
- Choose the type of data to transfer (in our case it is the photos);
- Be careful, because you can only save one type of file at a time,
- Enter your Dropbox account information;
- Allow Facebook Data Transfer to access your online storage;
- Finally, you can confirm the transfer of photos.
Once the process is complete, the photos and videos will automatically be stored in a new folder called "Facebook Data Transfer on Dropbox. Rest assured that this operation does not delete your multimedia files from your Facebook profile.
Thanks to this data portability system, you can now save your photos more easily. However, you should not forget that the free offer of Google Photos limits the size of the file resolution. To store photos in their original resolution, you'll need a paid subscription. As for DropboxIt offers you 2 GB of free storage space. But beyond that, you'll have to buy additional GB. Don't worry, it won't cost you much. Moreover, if you want to make your Facebook page known, our platform SocialBlast could be of great help to you.
Our different Facebook products to make your Facebook page take off
SocialBlast: the best solution to power your Facebook page
If you had a dream about starting an online business, now is the time to create that dream. With SocialBlastYou can manage your Facebook account and thus, start to develop this audience thanks to the Facebook page likes. And you can do this quickly and efficiently! You will feel that your page has much more impact than before and you will attract a new audience to your account! Plus, SocialBlast is able tooptimize your accounts TikTokTwitch, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube or even Quora.
This is how this article describes what should delight all those who are afraid of losing the photos accumulated over the years on their Facebook account. Of course, we must recognize that the social network has its own internal backup system. Moreover, the American firm does not risk bankruptcy any time soon. Therefore, your contents are not likely to disappear. However, as you already know, you can never be too careful. Hence the need to find a way to backup your various photos and videos from Facebook.