Created in 2005 and bought by Google in 2006, YouTube is now the monopoly of online video hosting platforms. This platform has more than two billion users every month and many more people are starting to use this platform as a source of income, and for some, a get-rich-quick scheme. However, having a YouTube channel requires dedication and sacrifices that, in most cases, we cannot maintain over time. This is because of our activities, our families or certain hobbies.
If you've ever thought about quitting, and wondered how to delete a YouTube channel, you should know that it is possible. But, how to do it? Follow these steps to successfully delete your channel Youtube without great difficulty: First of all, appointment to lhe advanced YouTube settings, then Click on the icon of your profile in the platform interface, then, Select a chain, scroll downwards and click on "Delete the channel", inform your password, before finishing Click then on "I want to permanently delete my content".
Before deleting your YouTube channel: what you need to know
It is crucial to understand what it means to permanently delete your channel Youtube before you can even think about doing it. Indeed, a chain Youtube accumulates a lot of content over time. In case you actually decide to do this, keep in mind that if you delete it :
- YouTube removes videos that you have put online on your channel, but also the commentsmessages, playlists and all your content history.
- In YouTube AnalyticsIf you delete a channel, you will no longer be able to see the URL of your channel or search for the title of your channel. However, the data that was associated with your channel, such as viewing time, is available in the reports, but is not attributed to your deleted channel.
Since deleting your YouTube channel means deleting all your content, you should back up copies of your important videos. To do this, start by doing the following (as MP4 files):
- Login to the YouTube platform with your user data;
- Click on your profile picture and select " YouTube Studio " ;
- Then go to " content " on the left of the interface;
- Finally, select a video with the mouse pointer and click on the three-dot icon;
Now press "Download" to download the previously selected video as an MP4 file.
Delete a YouTube channel: steps to follow
By following the right steps, you can easily remove a YouTube channel. Keep in mind that there are two types of YouTube channels: branded accounts that independent channels can access from your main Google Account and master accounts that are linked directly to your Google Account email address. Either way, you can delete your channel through your YouTube account settings or from your Google Account page. You can also delete your channel through YouTube Studio.
Delete a YouTube channel the old-fashioned way
Deleting your YouTube channel in the traditional way is a twofold process. The first way is through the YouTube platform itself, and the second way is through your Google account.
This removal method is summarized in 10 steps, each of which is equally easy to perform. All you need to do is pay attention to the process.
Delete your YouTube channel from the YouTube platform
- Step 1: Go to the advanced YouTube settings. Go to the advanced settings page on your web browser. This will be the page for your channel, but by default. If you are not logged in to YouTube, you must enter your email address and password when prompted.
- Step 2 : Click on the icon of your profile on the platform interface: you will find this icon at the top right of the window. You will then see a drop-down menu.
- Step 3: Select a channel. In the In the drop-down menu that appeared earlier, click on the name of the channel you want to delete.
- Step 4: Scroll down and click on "Delete Channel". You will see this item at the bottom of the page. In case you don't see this option, you need to delete your channel from your Google account.
- Step 5: Fill in your password. When prompted, type in the password you use to sign in to your Google Account and click " Next " under the password field.
- Step 6: Then click on "I want to permanently delete my content". This element is the header in the middle of the page.
- Step 7: Confirm the deletion of the channel: check the box "The following channel will be permanently deleted". You will find it near the top of the page.
- Step 8: Click on "Delete my content". This is the blue button at the bottom of the page. This will open a popup window.
- Step 9: Enter the name of the channel and your email address. If it is your brand account, you have to enter the name of the channel as shown in the window in the text field in the middle. While you will enter your email address if you delete the channel from your main account.
- Step 10: Click on "Delete my content". It is located at the bottom right of the popup window. This will allow you to delete the channel from your account.
Again, if you delete the channel from your main account, it will remove all of the content in your account, including your playlists, videos you've created, and favorites. However, you will still be able to log in and use YouTube with your account once the channel is terminated.
Delete a YouTube channel from your Google account
This second YouTube channel removal approach is summarized in 13 steps. You can rest assured, they are simple and easy to perform.
- Step 1: Choose the brand account if necessary. This step is for the branded account only. Go to this page on the YouTube website, on your browser and log in. Then click on " View all my channels or create a new channel ". Select the channel you plan to delete. Now click on the profile icon and then on Parameters in the drop-down menu. Finally, choose View or change account settings.
- Step 2: Open your Google Account page. Go to your Google Account page in your browser. If you opened the branded account page in the previous step, then this step will not work for you.
- Step 3: Login if possible. If you are not yet signed in to your Google Account, press Log in in the upper right corner of the screen, then enter your email address and password.
- Step 4: Scroll down the screen. Select the option Delete my account or services. This is the link at the bottom of the " Account Preference " on the right side of the page.
- Step 5: Select the Delete Products option. You will find this option on the right side of the page.
- Step 6: Then enter your password. Enter the password you use for your Google Account, and click Next under the password field.
- Step 7: Scroll down to find the YouTube header.
- Step 8: Now click on the trash can icon.
- Step 9: Enter your password again.
- Step 10: Press , I want to permanently delete my content.
- Step 11: Confirm the account deletion.
- Step 12: Click on "Delete my content". This is the blue button at the bottom of the page. You will see a popup window appear.
- Step 13: Fill in the name of the channel or your email. In case it is a brand account, you will type the name of the channel as indicated in the text field in the middle of the popup window.
- Step 14: Finally, click on Delete my content.
Here is a 14-step process to delete your YouTube channel from your Google account.
Delete a YouTube channel via YouTube Studio
YouTube Studio is the platform for video content creators. It brings together all the tools you need to manage your online presence, interact with your audience, grow your channel and generate revenue. YouTube Studio allows you to manage your YouTube channel from anywhere, as well as view your performance, respond to comments and more. Moreover, through the same platform, you can delete your YouTube channel without any complications. The process is quite simple and convenient.
To permanently delete your YouTube channel with YouTube Studio, here are the steps to follow:
- Access your YouTube account;
- Click on the profile picture, located at the top left of the interface;
- Select YouTube Studio;
- In the sidebar, select the Parameters;
- Then select the tab Chain, then go to the advanced settings ;
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on Delete YouTube content;
- Choose the option I want to delete my content permanently ;
- Then confirm that you want to delete everything;
- Finally, click one last time on Delete my content to confirm the final deletion.
Can I temporarily hide my YouTube channel?
It is possible to temporarily hide the content of your YouTube channel without having to delete everything. However, the platform will specify that all your comments and answers will be permanently deleted. After this operation, the following information becomes private: videos, channel name, videos, likes, subscriptions and subscribers.
If instead of deleting your YouTube channel, you prefer to temporarily hide it, all you have to do is follow the same steps as for permanent deletion with YouTube Studio. This is done by selecting I want to hide my content instead of I want to delete my content permanently.
However, if you want to reactivate your channel, you will just have to log in again, and follow the YouTube reactivation procedure when you click on the channel creation page.
How can socialblast help you promote your YouTube channel without having to delete it?
Remember that the main reason for deleting a YouTube channel is the lack of a strategy for quickly gain YouTube subscribers as well as YouTube views and likes. In addition, for the past few years, the YouTube platform has adopted a remuneration system dedicated to the most active channel owners. To be part of this system, your video content must reach a certain number of views and likes. You must also have a large number of subscribers. Don't worry! SocialBlast takes care of all these details for you and besides, you can already learn how to get more views on YouTube thanks to this article which is a guide to get started.
SocialBlast can help you get more subscribers, views and likes for your videos. This was done in a few minutes thanks to the YouTube promotion of SocialBlast. With our system, you can select how many subscribers you want to have on your YouTube channel. You also have the possibility to set the number of views you are willing to pay for your videos. Our process is simple. We start with Boost your channel immediately and you start getting results in just a few minutes.
In the end, it is noted that there are several reasons why deleting a YouTube channel is necessary. In any case, regardless of the reasons, it is possible to do it. In this article, we have presented you with the different ways in which you can easily delete your YouTube channel. However, if you are in the process of deleting your channel because you are having difficulties in promoting your channel, in that case, SocialBlast could be of great help to you. This is through ways to boost your channel.